Thursday Night

 I did the evening feeding, then went to trap the kittens. I stayed there for 30 minutes, then left for a short time and checked back intermittently. No kittens and no Bobbie all evening. Thomas and Tanya were very attentive of my movements. Tanya watches me every night because I picked up a habit of giving her special treats when she sits waiting for me at the back gate


Tom wasn't interested in the treats. He watched me and shadowed my movement through the evening. Maybe I'm attributing too much human-like thought and behavior to him, but I think that he was concerned about Fluffy. He was nearby and watched while Fluffy was trapped and saw me bringing him to the car this morning. Similarly Fluffy watched when I trapped his mother, Betty, then sat outside my patio sliding door - looking in while Betty was here in the dog crate. The only time that he has sat, looking into my house.


I put the bait food from my attempt to trap the kittens on the edge of my neighbor's porch for Nike. She found it and went to eat at the same time Opie the opossum showed up to clean the food that the cats didn't eat during the day.



Comments

Popular Posts