Fluffy's eye is definitely starting to look  abscessed.


 This morning, I put the food out before I brought the big drop trap down to the spring. I think that Fluffy remembers the trap, because when I carried it down, he decided that he'd had enough to eat and left the area. I left the trap there on the platform above the spring. When I went to check the trap 30 minutes later, a big gray male was there checking it out. After circling the trap once, he went in for the food. As soon as his head was down in the food bowl, I pulled the cord to drop the trap. He was not my original intended target, but I was happy to catch him, a big gray cat that is not part of the colony, but has been fathering most of the recent litters that I've seen. He normally stays north of my area and I've never seen him eat with 'my' cats. He's at the vet now, ready for pick up later today. Named 'Smokey'.


After dropping Smokey off at the vet this morning, I checked the old tree house that I saw Bobbie walk to last night after feeding. There were three kittens there with her this morning. I put some canned food up there after they hid. The food has all been eaten now. I'm going to catch as many of them as I can over the next few days. If I am not careful, she will move them and I may not get another chance.




Comments

Popular Posts