A few notes

 The two kittens are doing great. Yesterday was about calm and quiet. Letting them get over the shock of being trapped and adjusting to new sounds and smells. Today I handled them for ten minute intervals. The white one, 'Sweety', was very calm and didn't mind being held. The black one, 'Una', was initially defensive about being picked up and a little bit stiffer to touch. Later they had about 20 minutes of monitored 'free explore' time in a bathroom. At first, they hid. After a few minutes they were curious enough to explore and climb around. Una played with a toy mouse for a little while.

I'm feeding feral cats at the east side neighbor's porch as well as the normal feeding. Starting at the neighbor's house, Thomas showed up and ate much of the canned food before the other cats were on the porch. When I started putting food out at the spring, he came running down there as fast as I've ever seen him to get first shot at the food down there too. I need to start at the spring and then do the porch to make sure he doesn't raid all of the canned food before the other cats. 

Tonight I fed early and only Tom, Allie, and Sally were at the food before I left the spring. Tom stayed there. At the porch, I saw Tanya, Betty, Fluffy, Nike, and Boots. I had some extra kibble food in hand and went to set it at the tree house for Bobbie and Hellcat. As I arrived, Bobbie crossed the lawn to greet me. Meanwhile I heard a howling growl from somewhere in the tree. I never saw who was growling, but pretty sure it was Hellcat.

Comments

Popular Posts